Visit to the tourist attraction of Sweden - Örebro Castle: was originally built as the large stronghold, probably in the mid 1300s, and was probably by order of the King Magnus IV of Sweden.
Read More about The Castle
A royal farm at Örebro is mentioned in 1347. From 1360-century talk about a royal stronghold in Örebro. The stronghold had the shape of a U and covered three three-story buildings for south, west and north. A keep-tower was located in the southwest corner. During Duke Charles's (future the King Charles IX of Sweden) time the stronghold was converted into the renaissance castle. By this time it had already largely lost its role as a defense facility.
The Parts of Castle
❍ The Hall of State (Rikssalen - swed.): The Hall is the largest room in the castle, and is on the 4th floor of the South.
❍ The Armory Hall (Vapensalen - swed.): The Hall is located on the fourth plane directly adjacent to the The Hall of State. The floor shows various weapons that are associated with persons and relatives who have been a stadtholder at the castle.
❍ The Church Hall (Kyrksalen - swed.): The hall consists of the tower room in the south west tower on level 4 and has got its name of church's art was here.