Fortresses of Sweden
Get Tourist Information about swedish fortresses
Discover Sweden and swedish history through visits to fortresses of Sweden. Among others:
- ⚪ Bohus Fortress began to be built 1308 under King Haakon V Magnuson.
- ⚪ Carlsten Fortress after the rebuilding in the 1800s was considered the fortress internationally as one of Europe's strongest fortresses.
- ⚪ Eketorp Fort was built by the ancient population of Iron Age around 400 AD.
- ⚪ Glimmingehus Fort is the best preserved medieval stronghold in Scandinavia and was built 1499-1506.
- ⚪ Karlsborg Fortress is one largest building and one of best preserved of fortresses of Northern Europe.
- ⚪ Varberg Fortress was built in the late 13th century.
- ⚪ Vaxholm Fortress was buid in 1544 to defend Stockholm against shipborne attacks.