Tourist Attractions of West Sweden
Get Tourist Information about Tourist Attractions of West Sweden
In the following regions:
Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County and Halland County
Discover history of Sweden through visit to Tourist Attractions of West Sweden. Among others:
- ⚪ Karlsborg Fortress is one largest building and one of best preserved of fortresses of Northern Europe.
- ⚪ Bohus Fortress began to be built 1308.
- ⚪ Aeroseum Air Force Museum located in the former Göta Air Force Wing (F9) in underground bunker of Gothenburg.
- ⚪ Torpa Stenhus Castle one of Sweden's best-preserved medieval fortified castles.
- ⚪ Varnhem Abbey was founded around between 1148 and 1190, and here buried in the abbey church: Canute I of Sweden, Eric X of Sweden, Eric XI of Sweden, Birger Jarl.
- ⚪ Skara Cathedral dates back to the 1000's, but the current gothic style originates from the 1300s.