Get Tourist Information of Sweden
Ideas and destination for your trip to Sweden
Discover Sweden and swedish history through visits to Royal Residences, Castles, Fortresses, Museums, Religious heritage monuments etc. Among others:
- ✧ Drottningholm Palace: is Sweden's best-preserved royal palace and it is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- ✧ Riddarholm Church: is the burial church of the Swedish monarchs.
- ✧ Karlsborg Fortress: is one largest building and one of best preserved of fortresses of Northern Europe.
- ✧ Malmö Castle: was built between 1526 and 1539 and is the oldest preserved Renaissance castle in the Nordic region.
- ✧ Örbyhus Castle: the castle has been used as a prison, and the most famous prisoner was the King Eric XIV of Sweden.
- ✧ Skokloster Castle: is considered one of Europe's finest baroque castle.
- ✧ Vadstena Castle: built as a fortress by Gustav Vasa in the 16th century.
- ✧ Vaxholm Fortress: was buid in 1544 to defend Stockholm against shipborne attacks from the east.
- ✧ Uppsala Cathedral: dates to the late 13th century and its several chapels were converted to place for the tombs of Swedish monarchs.
- ✧ Varnhem Abbey: was founded around between 1148 and 1190, and here Birger Jarl buried in the abbey church.